The company enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, we are driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets.
For our Mobile Audio R&D department we are looking for an embedded SW engineer that has a strong background in embedded software design and implementation in I2C-based audio devices. The person is also able to bridge with the firmware algorithm and IC design team to verify complete system solution.
- Develop new features related to control of the audio I2C device and algorithms running on host platforms such as ARM-Cortex-A8 or Qualcomm MSM offloaded communication/audio DSP.
- Development of Linux user-space and kernel device drivers for audio and input devices
- Development of embedded SW that expose firmware and hardware features for end-users
- Bug fixing and continuous improvement via test-case additions to automation frameworks
- Implement APIs that will be used for integration via DLLs/so in UI, Matlab and other systems
- Development in single code base that is used across several devices and across platforms
- Debug cross-disciplinary problems and find root causes in mixed algorithm, IC and SW
- Good understanding of supporting new products in legacy code-base/trunk setup
- Several project experiences (total 3-5 years) in C is a must have
- Embedded linux driver (3.18 kernel and above) development knowledge is a must have
- User-space (x32 and x64 arch) application and library development, is a must have
- Python programming skills and scripting for unit and application testing, a must have
- Experienced with GIT, SVN for source control
- Background in I2C devices, a must have
- Knowledge of I2S, TDM, PDM and audio DSPs is a big plus
- Debugging, break points and programming in MS Visual Studio and Eclipse/GCC, is a big plus
- Hands-on experience debugging signals on a hardware platform
- Test driven development drive for software development with continuous integration
- Agile, knows scrum way-of-working SW development process is a must have
- Self – starter, good communication skills, able to complete task with limited supervision
Worked in multi-disciplinary multi-site international teams of up to 10 persons