The Senior Process Engineer Wet Etching initiates and works on process engineering & development projects in the area of wet etching for integrated thin film applications, products and processes for internal and external customers with the purpose of delivering a base-line process.
- Has ownership of (almost) all wet etching equipment in the cleanrooms, meaning maintaining the processes at a good and stable level
- Is responsible for the application and development of (new) processes inside the field of wet etching, mostly within the context of a project
- Participates in projects realizing the agreed deliverables; either contributes to or makes relevant technological choices inside the field of wet etching, during the different stages of the project
- Uses appropriate methods and tools for engineering activities
- Assistance of customers in consulting them for wet etch process choices
- Sees opportunities for improvements and initiates these opportunities, within his own technological expertise/competency
- Judges the possibilities of reusing existing knowledge and the needs for new developments in the field of wet etching
- Continuously develops his technological knowledge, by regularly contacts in- and outside the department and also outside the Innovation Services and also with representatives from suppliers and knowledge institutes
- Participates in multi-disciplinary teams for purchasing new equipment in the field of wet etch equipment; contributes by designing the process requirements/specifications and process acceptance protocols
- Coaches engineers and technicians
- Pro-actively communicates with all stakeholders, including clients, senior management, professional network and colleagues
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, the company operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. The Company combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
You’ll be part of a highly motivated and skilled team of (Senior) Process Engineers and Technicians, who have decades of experience in supporting customers both inside and outside the company.
The Process Engineering and Manufacturing group is part of the department Innovation Services Technology Laboratories and consists of about 30 experts (MBO/HBO).
This group focusses on the continuous improvement of the existing and new technologies, processes and equipment used for the realization of integral (flowchart) solutions and low volume production in the application fields of MEMS, NEMS, flexible devices, sensors, actuators, switches, medical and semiconductor applications. As such you will closely be working with the MEMS Foundry Process Development & Integration group.
- A Master degree in the area of Exact Sciences
- Experience in process engineering & development
- Experience in working with or leading a project team in a technological area
- In-depth knowledge of wet etching technology used for thin film processing
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, both technical as interpersonal
- Capable of combining his physical and chemical knowledge in order to understand the complex plasma and wet etch processes and their interaction with thin films
- Knowledge of fundamental tools (DOE, SPC, Problem Solving, Teamwork, etc.), required in an engineering environment
- Good communication skills
- Has a pragmatic, creative, flexible attitude with a result driven, can-do mentality